I'm always trying new stuff whether its a new store, restaurant, service, book, vacation spot, website etc and I like to write/rave on it. I'm also random and go on random rants about things that i think are funny, annoying, or that excite me. Welcome to my collection of random thoughts :)

Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter....



Well its my favorite holiday and i thought i would write about it.

Easter has always been my favorite for a few reasons
  1. the death and resurrection of Jesus is what gives us eternal life and a clean slate
  2. its celebrated at the most beautiful time of year
  3. we always had the best easter memories. us in pretty clothes in fun colors, good food, good celebrations, beautiful flowers in my grandmother's yard or a kitchen full of easter lillies that my dad would buy my mother.....

I worked with a woman who was a jehovah witness and she explained to me why they do not celebrate easter as the eggs and bunnies were pagan rituals from the 1200's or so. While i understand her point i feel like to each his own. yes tons of families today celebrate easter just to give their kids candy or have the easter bunny come visit. however, there are tons of families that participate in the little rituals society has declared for easter but really are celebrating the real reason. i dont think there are many people that even know the symbolism behind why the pagans chose bunnies and eggs ( i think it was a fertility thing) or trees at christmas but really i see the bunnies and eggs as a symbolic of this time of year, rebirth, new beginnings, innocence and all those things that Jesus's death really means and represents.

so here is a funny video for easter as well as some photos i love... yes the first one is my honey on his first easter 3 years ago!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAqvMAsABXI



















I LOVE BUNNIES... IN FACT I REALLY REALLY WANT ONE




1 comment:

  1. I share your thoughts about Easter and why it should be one of our favorite times of the year if not the best. It is such a pretty time of year with all the flowers and trees budding. My memories are full of Mom cooking and dipping Easter Eggs in food coloring and Easter egg hunts as well as making special baskets for my special children. I loved buying Easter dresses and suits and getting all dressed up for church. It is hard for me to understand why people who call themselves Christian do not understand Easter and the resurrection. God gave his only son to die for the sins of everyone. We can never earn that grace. No matter how good we are, we can never earn our way to heaven, it is a free gift. Christ's death, burial, and resurrection is a very emotional thing for me. Going to the church service Wednesday which depicted the death of Jesus on the cross and his burial was a very emotional thing for me. We were served the Lord's supper which is a symbolism of his body that was broken and the blood that was shed for me a sinner that deserves nothing. Tomorrow we will celebrate that resurrection morning with joyfulness knowing that he sits at the right hand of God making intercession for us. What a Savior.

    ReplyDelete