I'm always trying new stuff whether its a new store, restaurant, service, book, vacation spot, website etc and I like to write/rave on it. I'm also random and go on random rants about things that i think are funny, annoying, or that excite me. Welcome to my collection of random thoughts :)

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sorry if this offends you...

I apologize if you fall into any of these ahead of time.  I am sure there are plenty of things i say, do, wear or like that drive plenty of other people bonkers but a guy wearing white glasses today made me think of several trends i wish would just go away...

1) white or clear framed glasses.....  they just look silly and its always bald metro guys who wear them.  i do not understand...

2) the obsession with the royal wedding... ENOUGH  already!!! do you know how much of their tax payers money they are spending to pay for all that and how their economy is suffering ( like ours...) its just stupid!  It has taken over pressing news here recently.
3) Guys in girl jeans.... GROSS

4) hello kitty obsession.... i think hello kitty is cute and i do not think there is anything wrong with a grown woman having something hello kitty.  I do however think its retarded to cover your finger nails, wear all pink makeup and hello kitty jewelry all the time when you are over the age of 16.  If you have ever seen the show Married to Rock, one of the rock star's wives, was obsessed.  She wore hello kitty everything, her nails had hello kitty on it and she even decked out the bands bus in hello kitty everything.  I believe she dropped several thousand dollars on hello kitty crap... retarded...and obnoxious


5) grown women in daisy dukes.... i think no matter how nice your legs are, there comes a time when you just dont wear bootie shorts anymore.  You look like an 18 year old girl.  Plus lets face it, 9 times out of 10 the person wearing the short shorts, shouldnt be wearing shorts at all.  A 30 year old woman should not have her stuff hanging out while grocery shopping with her kids.... just sayin....

6) Ed Hardy and Affliction... when i was dating I had a requirement that any guy who wanted to go out with me could not wear any of this.  People of my generation probably understand.  There is a certain stereotype of men who wears these things and I did not want anything to do with that.  Now i joke that these are indicators of who the tool bags are.  So in away, its done us a favor, but its still tacky and just gross....


7) Reality TV stars being STARS.... i am guilty of helping this phenomena.... I hate shows like Jersey Shore and Teen Mom, but i watch them and anytime i see Teen Mom on a gossip magazine i read it right there or buy it.  Its pathetic i hate it, but why should a fat girl who teases her hair, speaks inproperly, wears revealing clothing, and drinks all night and just wants to hook up with guys make over 6 figures when i work my butt off everyday for the actual good of other people.  Its frustrating or maybe i am jealous that i cant get rich doing jack crap.

8) American Idol--- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH>>>>


Ok so since i just complained about a whole lot of things i wish would go away... some things I love and dont think i could ever get tired of.....


1) Vintage looking clothes and jewelry... lately i have really been into owl inspired things :



2) feathered headbands- i wear these ALL THE TIME.  SO PRETTY


3) ipads and apple products- cant wait to get my ipad in a few weeks


4) artist with talent and emotion behind their music... lately my favorite has been adele.  Arcade Fire is another band I have been enjoying lately.  If only all musicians wrote their own music that had some reason and emotion behind it...

5) Flats that dont hurt my feet- i love a good pair of heels, but by the time i get to my office my feet are covered in blisters and hurt so bad i want to cry.  those blisters take forever to heal and sometimes even scar my feet.  A cute pair of flats that can go dressy or casual is my favorite lifesaver.  Makes going on trips easy cus you can pack less shoes!!!!


Ok enough of my Rambles:  Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment